Camping is an enjoyable activity but doing it in freezing weather is just amazing. Lying in your comfortable sleeping bag with a cool breeze around you while you stay warm and comfortable can be a perfect experience. However, travelling through a very cold weather can be fun, which can also be very dangerous. If you can not warm up, you can have a hypothermia. This is especially important at night.
You must ensure that your body heat is maintained and that you are not affected by the cold temperature. So you need a special winter sleeping bag, we will check today Hyke and Byke Backpacking Snowmass 0-degree sleeping bag.
Hyke and Byke Snowmass 0 °F Down Sleeping Bag SPECIFICATIONS
This Direct-to-Consumer premium quality ultralight 0 Degree mummy duck down sleeping bag for backpacking is the lightest, a most compressible bag with the highest quality available.
Professionally designed for thru-hiking, backpacking, and camping, this bag boasts superior weight-to-warmth ratio and the ultimate sleeping bag for saving space and weight.
Stay Warm as a result of duck down insulation capabilities and waterproof fabrics – the microscopic air clusters found in down feathers creates “loft” that traps heat and keeps you warm from 10 to 40 degrees.
Hike Farther with one of the lightest 0-degree mummy down sleeping bags available (weighs barely over 4 lbs).
Long Lasting Durability from ultralight water repellent 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner with two YKK zippers, wide shoulders and large footbox, snag-free velcro, drawstring, horizontal baffles, and compression stuff sack case for storage included. Comes in size Regular or Long (Tall / XL).
– Material/Design Features: 400T Rip-Stop Nylon Fabric, heavy duty YKK zippers, horizntal designed baffles, responsibly sourced 550 fill power 90/10 premium quality duck down! Regular – 4.08 lbs & Long – 4.30 lbs
– Dimensions: Size Regular bags are 78″ long, 28″ wide at the shoulders, 22″ wide at the hips, and 11″ wide at the toe box (bottom). Regular size bags fit: 6′-1″ and below. Also, the shoulder girth is 59″. Our Long size bags have 64″ of shoulder girth. The dimensions of the size Long bags are 87″ long, 32″ wide at the shoulders, 26″ wide at the hips, and 14″ wide at the toe box (bottom). Long size bags fit: 6′-2″ to 6′-6″.
– Compressed Size: This down sleeping bag compresses to 11 inches long and 8 inches in diameter.
– Compression Sacks: designed to be lightweight, but also tough. Sack body – ultralight water repellent 400T 20D ripstop nylon fabric. Sack top and bottom compression panels – 210D PU-coated nylon. 4 point compression straps are HD black nylon webbing and the connected quick-release black thermoplastic buckles.
Winter sleeping bags are specialized because they have a great insulation. They also have many other features that will keep you warm and cosy during the night. If you want to go to the campsite under zero or zero temperature, you can not just take your three-year sleeping bag and hope that it will be enough. After all, if you’re cold at night, you may harm yourself.
DESIGN AND DURABILITY
The Hyke and Byke Snowmass 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag sleeping bag is a mummy shaped one. These Hyke and Byke bags help in maintaining body heat and will keep you warm through the night. Mummy shaped bags tend to be a little snug, though, so some people might not find them to be very comfortable. However, for hiking in freezing temperature, they are usually a good option.
This one also has a wide foot box, so you can move your feet around and not feel like they are stuck in a tiny space.
The outer shell is made of 400T 20 D ripstop nylon. The shell is water-resistant and quite durable. The filling is of duck down, and thus is very lightweight. The down feathers present in the filling form air clusters which help to retain heat. It has great insulation properties and you won’t find yourself freezing, even in low temperature.
To keep your head warm, the Hyke and Byke Snowmass comes with a hood which frames your face. The hood closes with drawstrings, so you can adjust it according to your own preference and comfort level. There are horizontal baffles as well, which prevent cold air from getting inside. The zipper is secured with a horizontal draft tube as well as Velcro.
The one negative point of this sleeping bag is that the zipper is not as excellent as the rest of the bag. It tends to get snagged in the nylon fabric, even if you are really careful.
SIZE AND DIMENSIONS
The sleeping bag comes in two sizes – regular and large. The regular one fits a person up to 6 feet one inch long, while the tall one can fit people who are up to 6 feet 6 inches in height. The regular one is 78 inches long. Its width is 2 inches at the level of the shoulders, 22 inches at the hips and 11 inches in the region of the toes.
The normal size sleeping bag weighs just 3.86 pounds, while the long weighs 4.24 pounds. So you can see that this sleeping bag is very lightweight and backpackers can take it with them with ease.
Considering that it is a winter bag and has a very adequate insulation, the weight becomes even more impressive. Not many winter sleeping bags are easy. The weight to warmth ratio, therefore, is very good.
My first impression of the Hyke and Byke Snowmass bag: It’s really lightweight! The material seems really thin and light, but at the same time strangely strong. The sinch pocket also seems extremely thin, but I think it is accounts for easy.
My first night in my normal bed: The bag was warm, I did not sleep too hot in my room at room temperature.
I was curious to see how this bag would do in the open, considering that I did not overheat at room temperature.
My first night outdoors: It was 30 degrees Fahrenheit, a slight windchill, and I slept in my hammock. I had a Klymit V2 sleeping bag under me. During the night, the only reason that I would be cold was when my sleeping bag fell out of place, so what led to Windschauer from below. Now I’ve found out that it’s best to put your sleeping bag in your Hyke and Byke sleeping bag to prevent the pad from fiddling sideways in the hammock.
VALUE FOR MONEY
This Hyke and Byke price is at $ 149.99 on Amazon. They can find cheaper varieties on the market, but they are usually not as light or as high quality. Winter sleeping bags are usually priced higher than summer because they have more insulation and filling. They often cost more than $ 100.
This sleeping bag has the highest warmth-to-weight ratio, and hence has quite good value for money.
- Very warm
- Can be packed to a small size in its compression sack
- Water-resistant, durable outer shell
- Adequately distributed filling, so there will be no cold spots
- Two sizes means that you can choose one which suits your height
- Cheaper sleeping bags are available in the market
- Cold can seep inside through the base of the sleeping bag, unless you use a sleeping pad. If you do decide to use a pad, it has to be bought separately.
- Zipper tends to snag in the nylon fabric
- It may get a little difficult to stuff the sleeping bag inside its compression sack.
This Hyke and Byke sleeping bag is designed for 0 degrees Fahrenheit. This is a mummy bag with a downward insulation. The outer shell is nylon ripstop and is water repellent. The inner lining is quite comfortable, although a sleeping bag is needed to make you perfect.
The Hyke and Byke sleeping bag weighs only 3.86 pounds. while the long weighs 4.14 lbs. This makes the sleeping bag very light, especially since it is a winter bag and therefore has a lot of filling. The bag can be compressed to a small size and fits into its own compression bag. You can then pack this compression bag with the sleeping bag in the backpack.
The bag is very durable, even if the zipper is not. The zipper tends to catch the fabric. The bag keeps you very warm, and there will be no cold spots all night long.